Committed to Finding Justice for those who Lost their Loved Ones
When someone dies from the negligence of another party, a wrongful death lawyer in Monmouth County, NJ, will be able to assist you in following through with the legal process. The loss of a loved one is almost always difficult, but grief is usually monumental to tackle when their passing comes suddenly and due to negligence. There are several ways for someone to die due to wrongful death, and you should consider taking legal action against the responsible party. However, the process can be challenging, especially when grieving. Kreizer Law will partner with family members and support them in the often complicated process of filing for wrongful death. Many decisions will need to be made, and having a clever understanding of the process and whether to pursue an insurance settlement or wrongful death lawsuit is critical to making the right decisions when seeking damages and justice.
Why Do I Need a Wrongful Death Attorney in New Jersey?
When it comes to legal matters, it’s always a good idea to have an experienced attorney on your side. While it may be tempting to handle your case on your own, the legal system can be complex and confusing. Without the knowledge, skills, and experience of a legal professional, you may make critical mistakes that could jeopardize your case.
Here are a few reasons why hiring an attorney can be beneficial:
- Knowledge of the Law: Attorneys have a deep understanding of the law, including the intricacies of the legal system. They can guide you through the legal process and ensure that your case is handled correctly.
- Familiarity with Similar Cases: Attorneys have dealt with a variety of cases, which means they know what to expect and can anticipate potential challenges before they arise. They can use this experience to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Effective Communication: Attorneys are skilled communicators who know how to effectively negotiate with opposing parties. They can help you achieve a more favorable outcome in your case.
- Access to Resources: Attorneys have access to a wide range of resources, including expert witnesses and other professionals who can strengthen your case.
- Peace of Mind: By hiring an attorney, you can take the stress and burden of legal matters off your shoulders. This allows you to focus on other important areas of your life while your attorney handles the legal details.
At our law firm, we have a team of experienced personal injury attorneys who are committed to providing our clients with the guidance and representation they need to achieve their goals. If you’re facing a legal matter, we invite you to contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’ll work with you to assess your case and provide you with the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to succeed. With our team on your side, you can trust that your case is in good hands.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim
Wrongful death is a civil action taken by family members who have experienced losses due to the death of a loved one. However, to do so, there must be several vital elements present that will prove negligence, thus supporting the claim for damages, including:
- The death was the result of another party’s negligence and failure to uphold their duty of care
- The injuries and damages were experienced by the person who passed
- Causation, meaning the injuries, and subsequent passing can be tied to the accident
- Surviving family members or dependents have suffered monetary damages as a result of the person’s passing
- There is an appointed personal representative for the estate
In these cases, the person who has died would have had a claim for personal injury damages had they survived. During the first consultation with our Monmouth County, New Jersey, wrongful death lawyer, we will review the details of the case, including evidence that may help support the claim. Wrongful death cases can take on several forms, among the most common include:
When a wrongful death has occurred, family members may be able to file a claim. However, it must be done on behalf of the decedent’s estate to do so. Typically, immediate family such as the spouse, children, or parents may have a claim on the estate. They may be able to receive a settlement for damages such as medical expenses, funeral expenses, and loss of income. It’s important to note that, in New Jersey, the estate can not access damages for emotional suffering.
Insurance Settlements Vs. Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Seeking damages for wrongful death cases is typically initiated by filing a claim with the insurance company. Often this is the fastest way to settle with the help of a lawyer who has experience with negotiations. Your lawyer will submit a demand letter to the insurance company, and the assigned insurance adjuster will investigate the claim. At this point, the insurance adjuster will either deny the claim or offer a settlement. Typically this is the start of negotiations. Parties will negotiate to reach a fair settlement. This process typically allows victims to receive a settlement without undergoing lengthy litigation in the courtroom. However, when negotiations cannot be reached, pursuing a wrongful death suit may be beneficial. Often this is a much timelier process. While there is a possibility that the estate may receive a high award for the damages, the court may not rule in your favor, and families are at risk of walking away empty-handed. While this can be discouraging, keep in mind that with an experienced lawyer by your side, they will be able to advise on the most appropriate action to take for moving forward.
Schedule a consultation with our Monmouth County, NJ wrongful death lawyer to learn more about the advantages of partnering with Kreizer Law in pursuing your case.
Call our Monmouth County Wrongful Death Attorney Today!
Losing a loved one is a difficult experience, and dealing with the legal aftermath of their wrongful death can be overwhelming. It’s important to have a skilled and experienced attorney on your side who can help you navigate the legal system and get the justice you deserve.
At Kreizer Law, we understand the challenges of coping with the loss of a loved one, and we’re committed to providing our clients with the guidance and representation they need to achieve a favorable outcome. Our team of dedicated attorneys has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong case on your behalf and ensure that you receive the compensation you’re entitled to.
If you’re dealing with the wrongful death of a loved one, we invite you to contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’ll work with you to assess your case, provide you with the support and representation you need, and help you achieve the justice you deserve. With Kreizer Law on your side, you can trust that your case is in good hands.