Fighting for the Rights of Trucking Accident Victims
As our truck accident lawyer in Monmouth County, NJ, has witnessed firsthand, victims of accidents involving large trucks often result in severe, life-threatening injuries. Unfortunately, suppose someone is lucky enough to survive this type of collision. In that case, the injuries sustained may result in a lengthy recovery time, and, in some cases, the damages can be permanent. While the trucking industry must comply with strict industry regulations, accidents still happen daily. When these accidents result in injuries, it’s imperative to retain the services of Kreizer Law so that you may receive the representation you deserve. Trucking accident cases are often complex, there may be several liable parties, and it may be challenging to determine what happened when the accident occurred. We will gain insight into what happened and strategize a legal case that keeps your interests as their priority.
Why Do I Need a Truck Accident Attorney in New Jersey?
In the aftermath of a truck accident, it can be tempting to simply accept a settlement from the insurance company and move on. However, this approach can be detrimental to your financial and legal well-being in the long run. Insurance companies often prioritize their own bottom line, and may offer settlements that are significantly lower than what you are actually entitled to.
This is where the services of a truck accident attorney in New Jersey can be invaluable. At Kreizer Law, we have the experience and knowledge to navigate the complex legal landscape of truck accidents and to ensure that you receive the full compensation you deserve.
There are many benefits to hiring a personal injury attorney, including:
- Protecting your rights: An attorney will make sure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process and that you receive a fair settlement.
- Navigating the legal system: The legal system can be confusing and overwhelming, especially for those who have never been involved in a lawsuit before. An attorney will guide you through the process and handle all the details for you.
- Gathering evidence: An attorney will thoroughly investigate the accident to gather all the evidence necessary to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies often try to lowball victims, but an attorney will negotiate on your behalf to get you the maximum compensation possible.
- Representing you in court: If necessary, an attorney will represent you in court to ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
By hiring a truck accident attorney from Kreizer Law, you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery while we handle the legal details of your case. Our goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve and to ensure that your rights are protected.
Federal Industry Regulations
The trucking industry is heavily regulated for trucking company owners and their drivers. Federal regulations are in place to ensure the safety of drivers and others on the road to mitigate the risk of catastrophic accidents that will most likely result in devastation. When trucking companies comply with regulations, they can uphold their standard of care and save from penalties that may result when owners and drivers fail to follow regulations in place. As our Monmouth County, New Jersey truck accident lawyer can share, the following regulations are in place by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), and they must be adhered to:
- A registered US DOT number for transporting goods within the state or across state lines
- Registration with the FMCSA every two years for authorization of across state travel
- Unified Carrier Registration is required yearly for trucking companies who travel across state lines or have workers traveling across state lines
- Drivers for trucking companies must also comply by:
- Completing a driver qualification file
- Holding a CDL
- Undergoing specialized trainings
- Being at least 21 years of age
- Submitting to regular physical examinations
- Submitting to random drug and alcohol testing
- Properly securing cargo
- Hours of service/logbooks for drivers
The regulations in place are extensive, but they are in place for good reason. While the commercial trucking industry is imperative to consumerism, should an accident occur from negligence due to industry violations, trucking companies, drivers, and truck manufacturers are among those who may be held liable for the damages.
Contacting Our Firm for Help
The aftermath of a trucking accident can leave victims with significant losses, some of which they may never recover from. When another party was responsible for the accident, they should be held accountable for your losses. This provides financial assistance that is imperative, but it can also hold the responsible party accountable. The road ahead can be arduous, and the guidance of our experienced law firm will be necessary as we will provide several advantages:
- Careful case review and strategy for moving forward
- A full investigation of the case to determine who should be held responsible for the accident
- Properly value the claim to ensure victims do not receive a settlement that is far less than they deserve
- Skilled negotiators who will negotiate the best possible settlement offer
- A professional who can answer the many questions you will have about the case
- We will provide updates to your case every step of the way
- Will be prepared to take the case to the next level if negotiations are unsuccessful
- Our services allow victims to focus on their recovery while we manage the legal aspects of the accident
Having Kreizer Law by your side throughout the legal process can offer peace of mind and allow victims to have a clear understanding of a process that is likely to be contentious and complicated. Contact our Monmouth County, NJ truck accident lawyer for the help you need and deserve during this difficult time.
Call our Experienced Monmouth County Truck Accident Attorney Today!
Truck accidents can be devastating and life-altering events that often leave victims and their families struggling to cope with the physical, emotional, and financial aftermath. Dealing with a truck accident can be a complex and difficult process, especially when it comes to navigating the legal system and seeking compensation for damages.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, it is important to seek the assistance of an experienced truck accident attorney. At Kreizer Law, we understand the difficulties that arise from these types of accidents and are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the justice they deserve.
Our team of experienced truck accident attorneys at Kreizer Law has a deep understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding truck accidents and can provide the legal guidance and support you need to get the compensation you deserve. We have a proven track record of success in representing victims of truck accidents and have helped many clients receive the justice they deserve.
At Kreizer Law, our top priority is to give our clients the justice they deserve and to ensure that they receive the compensation they need to move forward with their lives. Whether you have been involved in a truck accident as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, our team of knowledgeable attorneys is here to help.